Forever Manchester is delighted to announce that we have been able to support 201 Christmas Get Togethers over the 2019 festive season.
We believe that connected communities make stronger, happier communities, so we love any activity that brings people together. This Christmas, thanks to the generous donations from local businesses and individuals, we have been able to give out £40,200 towards 201 Christmas Get Togethers that will bring together over 10,000 people in communities right across Greater Manchester.
Click below for a list of 42 of the 201 Christmas Get Togethers taking place right across Greater Manchester throughout December (listed in date order). If you wish to attend any of them, please contact the groups directly. We have also included a number of posters advertising some of the Get Togethers than can be found on page 8-20.
In less than two weeks of promoting this funding initiative we received over 350 applications to host a Christmas gathering. Due to the number of applications massively exceeding the amount we had available to give out, a lucky dip draw was held, and the successful applicants were randomly selected.
Watch this inspiring short video that explains to importance of these Get Togethers. Voice-over by Tony Walsh.
Since 2017, Forever Manchester has provided £140,000 to support over 700 Summer and Christmas Get Togethers. This year, Forever Manchester was able to provide funding for a wide range of events and activities including;
- Christmas parties for older people
- Community carol singing
- Festive celebrations for young people
- Christmas concerts for families
- Christmas Get Togethers for volunteers and carers of people living with dementia.
- And much much more.
If you want to find out how you can raise money for Forever Manchester, or how to get help and funding for community activities sign up to our mailing list.
Date: 29th November 2019
Read about the previous Great Get Togethers we supported:
Forever Manchester is all about…
• Putting smiles on the faces of our local communities.
• Supporting local people transforming the lives of others.
• Bringing local people together to create something special.
• Caring about those people who care enough to act.
• Championing local people doing extraordinary things together.