We were delighted to award £88,924 of funding to support 44 Community Sports Groups in Greater Manchester who work with children and young people.
The Made By Sport Fund aims to support those organisations which are able to demonstrate that the Covid-19 pandemic has affected their ability to deliver their usual activities.
The groups funded use sport to deliver wider social outcomes and primarily work with children and young people aged between 5 -25 years old. They were also able to demonstrate other benefits relating to sports activities including developing life skills, improving mental health, reducing crime and social behaviour, strengthening employability skills and building stronger communities.
The activities of one such group, Trafford Handball Club, were captured by a Made By Sport film crew and the impact of their funding can be seen by clicking on the video image above or by clicking here.
Tomas Molliex from Trafford Handball Club’s Mens U16’s Team describes it perfectly.
“You can’t have a club without players.
You can’t have a team without connections.
The community is vitally important.”
Forever Manchester is still welcoming applications to the the Made By Sport Fund. The final deadline for receipt of applications has been extended to Friday 12th November 2021.
Groups funded from the Made By Sport Fund (June – July 2021)
- Abram FC – Wigan
- Air Athletics Academy – Oldham
- Altrincham, Sale and Stretford Sea Cadets
- Ashton Bears ARLFC – Wigan
- Ashton Martial Arts – Tameside
- Azamrah Youth Club – Salford
- Baguley Athletic FC – Manchester
- Be The Change Youth Project – Bolton
- Brink Productions Limited – Trafford
- Eccles Boxing School – Salford
- Inclusive Tennis CIC – Wigan
- Lancashire Lions Visually Impaired Sports Club – Greater Manchester
- Lancs T20 Super League CIC – Greater Manchester
- Reddish Vulcans Junior Football Club – Stockport
- ReflecTeen Hub Organisation – Manchester
- Salford City Boxing Academy
- St Johns Amateur Boxing Club – Greater Manchester
- Stockport Lads Club
- The Galaxy – Manchester
- Wigan Cosmos Football Club
- Wigan Dodgeball Warriors
Groups funded from the Made By Sport Fund (April – May 2021)
- Abraham Moss Warriors at the Heart of the Community – Manchester
- Ashley Cricket Club – Trafford
- Bolton Bullets Powerchair Football – Bolton
- BSCA Lions – Bolton
- Bury Athletic Club
- Cherrybrook – Wigan
- Delph Sailing Club – Bolton
- Droylsden Cricket Club – Tameside
- Global Vision Initiative – Manchester
- Glodwick Cricket Club – Oldham
- Hamer Amateur Boxing Club and Community Fitness Centre (HABCC) – Rochdale
- Higginshaw Community Project – Oldham
- Jim Egan’s Boxing Academy – Manchester
- Markland Hill Racquets Club – Bolton
- North Manchester Rugby Union Football Club – Manchester
- Precious Gems – Bolton
- Special Olympics Bury
- Swinton Lions Community Sports Foundation – Salford
- Trafford Handball Club – Trafford
- United Estates of Wythenshawe (UEW GYM) – Manchester
- Walkden Amateur Boxing Club – Salford
- We Care NW Ltd (trading as BOOST) – Stockport
- Wythenshawe Black Belt Academy – Manchester
Apply for Funding
Forever Manchester is still welcoming applications to the the Made By Sport Fund from grassroots community sports groups based in any of the ten boroughs of Greater Manchester who are working with children and young people.
The final deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 12th November 2021, however please note that applications will be processed as they are received and the fund may close at short notice if all funds are distributed before this date.
Date added: 4th June 2021
Last updated: 2nd September 2021