We are delighted to provide £14,000 of funding to support 16 community groups across Greater Manchester whose activities have been disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
In this latest round of Forever Manchester Awards, we specifically wanted to fund groups who haven’t been able to interact with or provide their usual activities for people in their community, as they normally would.
Forever Manchester Awards aims to support grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
We believe that connected communities make stronger, happier communities, so we love any activity that brings people together. Forever Manchester Awards supports groups to run activities to do just that.
The groups we are delighted to support include:
- 7th Manchester Scout Group – Oldham
- Blossom Foundation – Manchester
- Bury Athletics Club
- Doe Hey Bowling and Social Club – Bolton
- Doit4Loui – Wigan
- Gorgeous Gorse Hill – Trafford
- Greater Manchester Doulas CIC
- Greater Manchester Malayalee Hindu Community
- Greater Manchester Sling Library – Manchester
- RECREATE U – Salford
- Reflect Therapeutic Services CIC – Wigan
- Special Olympics Bury
- The Bike Hive – Manchester (pictured)
- The Holcombe Society – Bury
- Wigan and Leigh Deaf Children’s Society
- Women Alive – Bury
It is always worth remembering that if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this.
During these uncertain times, the ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
To be the first to find out about funding news, fundraising activities and exclusive Forever Manchester news, please sign up to our mailing list.
Date added: 3rd December 2020