We were delighted to provide £14,045 of funding to support 15 community groups across Greater Manchester.
Forever Manchester Awards aims to support grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
We believe that connected communities make stronger, happier communities, so we love any activity that brings people together. Forever Manchester Awards supports groups to run activities to do just that.
Due to some of our other funding programmes being recently overwhelmed with applications, we were able accommodate some of these community groups within our own Forever Manchester Awards.
- Golborne Sports FC – Wigan
- Moston Tigers JFC – Manchester
- Newton Cricket Club – Hyde, Tameside
- Phoenix Fitness Outdoor Bootcamp – Timperley, Trafford
- Stockport Normandy Veterans and Friends – Edgeley, Stockport
- Sublime Athletic FC – Oldham
- Swinton Lions Community Sports Foundation – Salford
- The Hard of Hearing Support Group – Bury
- The Melissus Project – Manchester
- The Naz Community Hall – Salford
- Topping Fold TRA – Bury (pictured)
- Use ‘ya’ loaf CIC – Atherton, Wigan
- Walnut Avenue Allotments Association – Fairfield, Bury
- Wonderful Life Academy – Elton, Bury
- Worsley Concert Band – Salford
It is always worth remembering that if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this. The ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
To be the first to find out about funding news, fundraising activities and exclusive Forever Manchester news, please sign up to our mailing list.
Date added: 3rd September 2021