We were delighted to provide £30,000 of funding to support 31 community groups across Greater Manchester whose activities alleviate the impact of the cost of living crisis.
We believe that connected communities make stronger, happier communities, so we love any activity that brings people together. Forever Manchester Awards supports groups to run activities to do just that.
Forever Manchester Awards aims to support grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
The core purpose of the group’s we funded in this round of Forever Manchester Awards were.
- Financial and welfare advice
- Mental health support
The groups we were delighted to support were:
- Beautiful Mind – Manchester
- Better We CIC – Longsight, Manchester
- Brookhouse Community Association – Eccles, Salford
- Cascade Baby Bundles – Tameside, Oldham, Stockport, Manchester
- Chrysalis Manchester – Alexandra Park and Moss Side, Manchester
- Community Buds – Bury
- Community Support Centre – Salford
- Cornerstone Family Church – Hindley and Hindley green
- Dukinfield Moravian Church – Tameside, Greater Manchester
- Ephrata Church Community – Bolton
- Fare Shop – Peel Hall, Wythenshawe
- The Guinean Society of Greater Manchester – Wigan
- Jesuscina Foundation – East Manchester, Ashton and Stockport
- Khush Amdid – Tameside
- Know Africa CIO – Wythenshawe, Manchester
- Lamet Habayeb Association – Rochdale
- Lighthouse Community Trust Manchester – Salford (pictured)
- Mandem Meetup CIC – Manchester
- Merly’s Kitchen CIC – Tyldesley, Wigan
- NEON – Oldham
- Platt Bridge Community Centre – Platt Bridge and Abram, Wigan
- Response – Bolton
- Smallshaw Hurst Community Action Group – Ashton-under-Lyne
- St. John (Ellesmere) Community Centre – Walkden and Little Hulton, Salford
- St. Mary’s Church and Community Food Bank – Tameside
- Stockport User Friendly Fellowship STUFF – Stockport
- Supporting Sisters CIC – Bury
- The Great Lever and Farnworth Voice – Bolton
- Westcroft Quids In Food Club – Burnage Manchester
- Wonderful Life Academy – Rochdale
- Work For Smile Foundation – Levenshulme, Rusholme, Ardwick and Longsight
It is always worth remembering that if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this. The ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
To be the first to find out about funding news, fundraising activities and exclusive Forever Manchester news, please sign up to our mailing list.
Date added: 22nd December 2022