We were delighted to provide £17,652 of funding to support 20 grassroots community groups across Greater Manchester.
We believe that connected communities make stronger, happier communities, so we love any activity that brings people together. Forever Manchester Awards supports groups to run activities to do just that.
Forever Manchester Awards aims to support grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
In this last round of the Forever Manchester Awards, (application deadline 26th May 2023), awards of up to £1,000 were available.
The groups we were delighted to support include:
The groups we were delighted to support were:
- ADS (Addiction Dependency Solutions) – Manchester
- Aim 4 Hope CIC – Wythenshawe
- Ashton Tameside Fencing Club Tameside
- Bee Sanctuary Movement – Levenshulme & Heaton Chapel
- Better Things Football Club – Wythenshawe
- Bright Futures Friends Wythenshawe
- Creative Mind – Horwich, Bolton
- Darby and Joan Club – Bolton
- Friends of Astley Tots Plot – Astley, Tyldesley & Leigh
- Gay Gordons Manchester – Harpurhey
- Greenmount Village Community – Bury
- Inspire Serving Your Community – Great Lever, Bolton
- King Foundation – Moston, Manchester
- Miles Platting Community and Age-Friendly Network – Manchester
- Old Moat Quids In Food Club – Withington, Manchester
- Park house Residents Group – Tameside
- Stockport Pride
- Stretford Community Playgroup – Stretford, Trafford
- The Shoebox Fairies – Wigan (pictured)
- Wythenshawe Women’s Welfare Association – Manchester
It is always worth remembering that if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this. The ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
To be the first to find out about funding news, fundraising activities and exclusive Forever Manchester news, please sign up to our mailing list.
Date added: 7th July 2023