We were delighted to award £26,787 of funding to support 28 grassroots community groups based across the ten boroughs of Greater Manchester.
Auto Trader and Forever Manchester recognise that great things happen in and around Greater Manchester on a daily basis and we want to shout about it!
The idea behind the Auto Trader Community Fund is to provide a positive, friendly and accessible approach to gaining much needed financial support for grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
In this last round of the Auto Trader Community Fund, (application deadline 26th March 2021), awards of up to £1,000 were available.
The groups we were delighted to support include:
- Beauty For Ashes Refuges – Tyldesley and Leigh
- Believe Achieve CIC – Farnworth and Kearsley, Bolton
- Believe Trust Strive CIC – Salford
- Belle Vue Brass Band – Gorton and Reddish
- Better Things – Wythenshawe
- Brookhouse Community Association – Eccles
- Earl’s Lodge Gardening Club – Failsworth
- Friends of Philips Park Cemetery – North Manchester
- Friends of Walton Park – Sale
- Hollinwood Scout Campsite – Salford
- Ho Shin do Youth Project – Cheadle
- Living Stones Educational Trust – Newton Heath
- Living Without Sight – Wigan
- Multicultural Resource Centre – Rochdale
- Northern Gems Morris Dancers – Sale West and Wythenshawe
- Offerton Community Cricket Club – Stockport
- Radio Cavell – Oldham
- River of Life Christian Community – Salford
- St. John (Ellesmere) Community Centre – Worsley and Little Hulton
- St Ann’s Road North Allotments Association – Gatley and Cheadle
- Stockport User Friendly Fellowship (STUFF) – Stockport wide
- Tameside Canal Boat Trust (pictured)
- The Great Lever and Farnworth Voice – Bolton
- Transforming Lives Group – Bolton
- Vale Community Association – Mossley
- Winster House – Norley Hall Estate, Wigan
- Xanadu Dance Troupe – Oldham
- Young Uns for Oldhams – Bolton
Next Round of Funding
The latest round of the Auto Trader Community Fund in partnership with Forever Manchester is now open for applications from Community Groups in Greater Manchester. The Auto Trader Community Fund is offering awards of up to £1,000.
We will close for applications at midday on Friday 9th July 2021. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.CLICK HERE TO APPLY
It is always worth remembering that, just like Auto Trader, if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this.
During these uncertain times, the ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
If, like Auto Trader, you own or work for a company based in Greater Manchester, the chances are that 90% of your colleagues live in Greater Manchester and are part of the very communities we support. To find out more about how you can get involved with Forever Manchester please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0161 214 0940.
Date added: 4th June 2021