We were delighted to award £24,342 of funding to support 26 grassroots community groups based across the ten boroughs of Greater Manchester.
Auto Trader and Forever Manchester recognise that great things happen in and around Greater Manchester on a daily basis and we want to shout about it!
The idea behind the Auto Trader Community Fund is to provide a positive, friendly and accessible approach to gaining much needed financial support for grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
In this last round of the Auto Trader Community Fund, (application deadline 9th July 2021), awards of up to £1,000 were available.
The groups we were delighted to support include:
- 39th Bolton Mountain Scouts
- Angels of Hope for Women – Manchester
- Ashton Community Chess Club – Tameside
- Bolton Deaf Social Club
- Borough of Bury Veterans Association
- Borsdane Friends Group – Wigan
- Collyhurst & Moston Boxing Club – Manchester (pictured)
- Community Buds – Bury
- Drawing Board Productions CIC – Stockport
- Friends of Didsbury Park – Manchester
- Friends of Scholes Park – Gatley, Stockport
- Girlguiding Swinton Division – Salford
- Gorton Visual Arts – Gorton, Abbey Hey and Levenshulme – Manchester
- Hamer Amateur Boxing Club and Community Fitness Centre (HABCC) – Rochdale
- Haughton Green Community Forum – Denton, Tameside
- Hopwood Foundation for Heritage, Arts, Education and Inspiration – Middleton, Rochdale
- Infinity Initiatives FC – Ashton-under-Lyne
- Know Africa Cio – Wythenshawe, Manchester
- Onwards & Upwards – Irlam, Salford
- Recycle-IT – Bolton
- Salford Heart Care
- Seedfield Tenants & Residents Association – Moorside, Bury
- Sherenades Dance Troupe – Partington, Trafford
- Socio Economic Regeneration CIC – Manchester
- Special Olympics Bury
- STARS (Social Transition Advocacy Recreation Support) – Bury
It is always worth remembering that, just like Auto Trader, if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this.
The ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
If, like Auto Trader, you own or work for a company based in Greater Manchester, the chances are that 90% of your colleagues live in Greater Manchester and are part of the very communities we support. To find out more about how you can get involved with Forever Manchester please email us at email@example.com or telephone on 0161 214 0940.
Date added: 3rd September 2021