We were delighted to award £22,448 of funding to support 24 grassroots community groups based across the ten boroughs of Greater Manchester.
Auto Trader and Forever Manchester recognise that great things happen in and around Greater Manchester on a daily basis and we want to shout about it!
The idea behind the Auto Trader Community Fund is to provide a positive, friendly and accessible approach to gaining much needed financial support for grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
In this last round of the Auto Trader Community Fund, (application deadline 22nd July 2022), awards of up to £1,000 were available.
The groups we were delighted to support include:
- 1st Lowton Guides – Golborne and Lowton
- 1st Newton Scout Group – Hyde
- 4th Newall Green Guide Unit – Manchester
- Bee Inclusive – Bury
- Bloco Ashe Bury Community Samba Group – Bury
- Droylsden Cricket Club
- Evolve Community Group – Bolton
- Fit Over Fifty CIC – Tameside
- Healthy Hearts Exercise Group – Salford
- Hyde Little Theatre – Tameside
- JCFT CIC – Salford & North Manchester
- Krimmz Girls Youth Club – Bolton
- Longsight Lodge Residents Association – Harwood, Bolton
- Marple Youth Project CIC – Stockport
- Meet and Eat, Clifton Green – Salford
- North Manchester Athletic FC
- Pegasus RDA – South Manchester
- Samaritans of Stockport and District
- Sherenades Dance Troupe – Trafford
- Socio Economic Regeneration CIC – Manchester
- South Manchester Downs Syndrome Support Group (pictured)
- Stockport ME Group
- Tha Game Changa CIC – Manchester & Stockport
- The Hard of Hearing Support Group – Bury
It is always worth remembering that, just like Auto Trader, if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this.
The ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
If, like Auto Trader, you own or work for a company based in Greater Manchester, the chances are that 90% of your colleagues live in Greater Manchester and are part of the very communities we support.
To find out more about how you can get involved with Forever Manchester please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0161 214 0940.
Join the movement. Get involved.Sign up to our mailing list Make a donation
Date added: 4th November 2022