We were delighted to award £27,436 of funding to support 29 grassroots community groups based across the ten boroughs of Greater Manchester.
Auto Trader and Forever Manchester recognise that great things happen in and around Greater Manchester on a daily basis and we want to shout about it!
The idea behind the Auto Trader Community Fund is to provide a positive, friendly and accessible approach to gaining much needed financial support for grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
In this last round of the Auto Trader Community Fund, (application deadline 21st April 2023), awards of up to £1,000 were available.
The groups we were delighted to support include:
- 5th7th Dukinfield Scout Group – Tameside
- Action Station North West Community Interest Company – Tyldesley
- Active Youths Foundation – Manchester
- AIM Northwest WIGAN
- Astley & Tyldesley Cycling Club (pictured)
- Breightmet Community Group – Bolton
- Chadderton Federation of Community Organisations
- Community Wellbeing – Bury and Salford
- Emotional Wellbeing Group – Wigan
- Family Unit Trust – Manchester
- George’s Kitchen – Stalybridge
- Holcombe Pony Club – Bolton
- Langley Allotment Holders Association – Bury
- New Springs Community Project Group – Manchester
- Oldham Community Broadcasting
- Opportunities – Prestwich, Lower Broughton, Middleton
- Out In The City – Manchester
- Pillars of Forza – Little Lever, Bolton
- Proactive Parents – Bury
- Readeasy Manchester Central and North
- Stalybridge Coderdojo – Stalybridge
- Stockport Boccia Club – Stockport
- Theatre of the Senses CIC – Trafford
- The Eagles Wing – Bury
- The Reet Good Collective – Wigan
- The Together Centre – Tameside
- Turnpike Community Theatre – Leigh
- Tyldesley Creative Writers
- Wigan Cosmos Football Club
It is always worth remembering that, just like Auto Trader, if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this.
The ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
If, like Auto Trader, you own or work for a company based in Greater Manchester, the chances are that 90% of your colleagues live in Greater Manchester and are part of the very communities we support.
To find out more about how you can get involved with Forever Manchester please email us at email@example.com or telephone on 0161 214 0940.
Date added: 7th July 2023