We were delighted to award £30,812 of funding to support 32 grassroots community groups based across the ten boroughs of Greater Manchester.
Auto Trader and Forever Manchester recognise that great things happen in and around Greater Manchester on a daily basis and we want to shout about it!
The idea behind the Auto Trader Community Fund is to provide a positive, friendly and accessible approach to gaining much needed financial support for grassroots community organisations. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage people to get involved as volunteers and who just need a bit of financial help to be able to work with their community in the way they’d like.
In this last round of the Auto Trader Community Fund, (application deadline 6th January 2023), awards of up to £1,000 were available.
The groups we were delighted to support include:
- Abram FC – Wigan
- Alexandra Park (MCR) Governance Board – Whalley Range
- Ashton Community Chess Club – Tameside
- Astley Bridge Park Bowling Club – Bolton
- Be The Change Youth Project CIC – Bolton
- Borough of Bury Veterans Association
- Bring Me Sunshine Music – Oldham
- Brookfield Quids In – South Manchester
- Church of Fire, Faith & Salvation Ministry – Harpurhey, Miles Platting, Newton Heath
- Crompton FC Academy – Bolton
- Fair Futures CIC Bury
- Heaton Mersey Village Conservation Group CIC – Stockport
- Holland Close Residents Association – Delph, Saddleworth Oldham
- Konkani Cultural Association – Urmston
- Lahore Lions – Bolton, Bury and Manchester
- Leigh Film Society CIO – Leigh
- Manleigh CIC – Leigh
- Multicultural Resource Centre – Rochdale
- Nasirulahi-Wali-fathu Greater Manchester
- Offerton Afternoon Social – Stockport
- Psychotherapy Manchester CIC
- Rochdale Dawah Centre
- Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur UK Manchester Centre
- SMURFS – Rochdale
- Stalybridge Town Team
- Standish Lipreading Society – Wigan
- STARS (Social Transition Advocacy Recreation Support) – Bury
- String of Hearts CIC – Sale (pictured)
- Target Community Cafe – Stretford, Gorse Hill, Urmston
- The Galaxy – Salford, Broughton, Prestwich, Crumpsall, Bury
- The Greater Manchester Parenting Collective CIC
It is always worth remembering that, just like Auto Trader, if you support Forever Manchester, you support all this.
The ability of local community groups and organisations to best help people in their community remains dependant on maintaining support for them.
If, like Auto Trader, you own or work for a company based in Greater Manchester, the chances are that 90% of your colleagues live in Greater Manchester and are part of the very communities we support.
To find out more about how you can get involved with Forever Manchester please email us at email@example.com or telephone on 0161 214 0940.
Date added: 5th April 2023