On Sunday 10th May 2015, over 120 runners ran for round ‘ere in the Great Manchester 10K Run raising money to help us support community projects across Greater Manchester.
The runners raised over £15,339, which is an incredible achievement and we’re over the moon to be able to reinvest this back into the communities of Greater Manchester.
We met up outside Barburrito on the morning of the event to meet with our runners. 125 people represented Forever Manchester and all completed the run successfully without injury, which is great news!
Our Poet in Residence Tony Walsh who recently helped us raise £2,300 at a poetry evening was live on BBC Two for the 10k coverage doing two poems and getting interviewed by Jonathan Edwards.
Huge thanks to the following groups and people who took part in the run on Sunday 10th May:
Express Solicitors http://www.justgiving.com/Express-Solicitors-10k
Autotrader – http://www.justgiving.com/Autotrader10K
One Advice Group – http://www.justgiving.com/OAG2015
Metronet (UK) Ltd (their team have set up individual fundraising pages).
Their top fundraisers so far are
- Hannah Simpson – http://www.justgiving.com/Hannah-Simpson7
- Louise Polly – http://www.justgiving.com/Louise-Polly
- Joseph Drakard – http://www.justgiving.com/Joseph-Drakard
— Metronet (UK) (@metronet_uk) May 8, 2015
Good luck to:
Forever Manchester staff member
- Cheryl Hill – https://www.justgiving.com/Cheryl-Hill10k/
Forever Manchester Ambassadors
- Chris Marsh – https://www.justgiving.com/ChrisPMarsh80/
- Alan Townley – https://www.justgiving.com/Alan-Townley3/
and the following runners:
- Hannah Green – http://www.justgiving.com/Hannah-Green19
- Keeley Watts – https://www.justgiving.com/phat-cupcake/
- Peter Mason – https://www.justgiving.com/runpeterun2015/
- Charlie Hooson-Sykes – https://www.justgiving.com/ginfuelled2015/
- Richard Wood, – https://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Wood-10k/
- Gavin Nolan, – https://www.justgiving.com/Gavin-Nolan1/
- Chris Knowles, – https://www.justgiving.com/topher-knowles/
- George Holden – https://www.justgiving.com/GEORGE-HOLDEN1/
- Laura Johnson & Katie Wilson – http://www.justgiving.com/Katie-Wilson24
- Elizabeth Crompton – https://www.justgiving.com/Elizabeth-Crompton7/
- Jeremy Smith
- Paul Kershaw
- Jessica Wilkinson
Thank you once again for all those who chose to run for and raise money for Forever Manchester so that we can continue to strengthen communities and enrich local life by inspiring local people to do extraordinary things together.