Seven brave females entered a disused bank vault on Halloween and raised £3,100
It looked set to be Ambassador, Sam Booth out first who had raised over £600 in a matter of days and £766 overall, but she was pipped to the post by Coronation Street’s Brooke Vincent (Sophie Webster) who raised an incredible £822.89.
Set at 53 King Street in Manchester City Centre, the contestants were taken underground into a disused bank vault along with Ghost Hunter Stuart Marshall and were released in order of who had raised the most money.
The seven contestants (photographed) weren’t alone… Stuart Marshall noticed some paranormal activity in the form of a self-confessed “gentleman” called Jonathan, who used to work at the 53 King Street bank where the Lockdown was held. Jonathan took a shining to Charlie Hooson-Sykes, who came third on the night stroking her hair and saying he liked the colour. Definitely a creepy Halloween for our seven Ghostbusting fundraisers.
The contestants were released in the following order:
- Brooke Vincent (Coronation Street’s Sophie Webster)
- Sam Booth (FM Ambassador and pro.manchester’s Head of Development)
- Charlie Hooson-Sykes (Founder of Manchester blog Gin Fuelled Bluestocking)
- Hattie Pearson (XFM Presenter/DJ)
- Katie McGlynn (Coronation Street’s Sinead Tinker)
- Mel Travis (Presenter, ITV2 Girlfriends, 2013’s Lockdown Champ)
- Codie Hayward (Miss Manchester 2014)
If you want to donate further to Forever Manchester, please click here to make a donation to help us to support community groups across Greater Manchester.