Connecting Communities at Christmas is NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS.
The deadline to apply was midday on Friday 20th November 2020.
New funding announcements will be published on our website, featured in our newsletter and shared on our social media channels.
Information about Connecting Communities at Christmas:
Forever Manchester is offering 50 awards of £100 to help community groups across Greater Manchester keep in touch and bring that Christmas spirit to life.
Forever Manchester has always believed that connected communities make stronger, happier communities and love any activity that brings people together. That’s why, every summer and Christmas for the last few years, we’ve awarded funds so that people can host Get Togethers in their communities.
This year, we know this isn’t possible – at least not in the way that may have been anticipated – but community is needed now more than ever. We know that the communities we work with still have lots of ideas for how to keep in touch and bring that Christmas spirit to life.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be from a community organisation with their own bank account, or know a community organisation willing to accept an award on your behalf. Funds cannot be paid into personal bank accounts.
How much can you apply for?
Forever Manchester is offering 50 awards of £100.
What can you apply for?
That is up to you*. We’re just here to provide that bit extra of help you might need to make it happen, but here’s a few ideas that we know communities are thinking about:
- Creating crafting packs to drop on people’s doorsteps and hosting an online Christmas crafting session.
- Community Christmas trails for people to follow, e.g. houses could dress windows for each day of advent or people could make snowmen to put in their windows for people to find – you could create a map and post it through everyone’s doors!
- Inter-generational activities, e.g. youth groups sending Christmas cards and pictures to members of an older people’s group or retirement home.
- Online bingo or quizzes with themed questions and prizes.
- Virtual Christmas Afternoon Tea – create packages of tea bags/cakes/snacks to leave on doorsteps and enjoy together online.
* Successful applicants are responsible for ensuring that all activity is Covid-safe and abiding by current government guidance for the area where it takes place.
Deadline for Applications
We will close for applications at midday on Friday 20th November 2020. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
If we receive more eligible applications than there are awards available, decisions will be made via a draw.
How long will the decision take?
Successful applicants will be informed by email on Friday 27th November and payments released the same day (please note they may take several days to reach bank accounts).CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
If you have any questions or have trouble completing the form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 214 0940.
Date added: 11th November 2020
Last updated: 20th November 2020