This year’s Birthday Party will be held at The Principal Manchester on Oxford Road on Friday 10th February 6.30pm-1am. We’ve got some handy tips on getting there below…
Not long from now you’ll be donning your glad rags to celebrate all things Forever Manchester. Here are a few helpful bits of information to make your night run smoothly.
Venue: The Principal Manchester (formerly The Palace Hotel)
Oxford Road, Manchester, M60 7HA
Please use the Whitworth Street entrance when you arrive
6.30pm Drinks Reception
7pm Call to dinner
9pm Awards and Entertainment
11pm Clint Boon DJ after-party
The dress code is smart casual (take a look at the photos from last year if you need some sartorial inspiration).
Map (click to be taken to Google Maps):
The Principal Manchester (formerly The Palace Hotel) is situated directly opposite Oxford Road Station, is within walking distance of Piccadilly Station and St Peter’s Square tram station and is just a short journey from Manchester International Airport. Download direct train routes into Oxford Road Station.
- Manchester Oxford Road Station is directly opposite the hotel and serves destinations in South Manchester and the North of England such as Blackpool, Preston and Leeds
- Manchester Piccadilly is the main station for the city and serves London, Edinburgh and Cardiff amongst other destinations. This is a 10 minute walk from the hotel or 5 minutes by taxi
- Manchester Victoria is a 15-minute walk
SatNav postcode: M60 7HA
Parking at The Principal Manchester
- The Principal Manchester does not have its own car park however parking is available at the NCP Manchester Car Park on Whitworth Street, a short walk from the hotel, at a reduced rate for 24 hours/overnight car parking of £15. This is payable locally at the hotel.
- Valet parking is also available at only £25 for 24 hours, to book please call The Principal Manchester’s concierge on 0161 288 1111.
- Nearest stations: Oxford Road Bus Stop and Piccadilly Gardens Bus Station
- Oxford Road Bus stop is directly outside of the hotel and serves destinations across the Greater Manchester area. You will also find bus stops on Whitworth Street.
- The main Bus Station in the city is in Piccadilly Gardens which is a brief 10 minute walk from the hotel
As part of the night’s entertainments, we will be drawing the first ever Captain Manchester’s Magical Tombola. If you wish to enter the Tombola and help raise money to fund and support community activity in Greater Manchester (and get a chance to win that trip to Iceland!), please be advised that this will be cash only on the night.
We will also be holding our silent auction again on Givergy. The auction is now live online and will remain so until 12pm on Thursday 9th February where it will only be open to attendees of the Birthday Party at the event. Among some of this year’s lots are:
- Meal for 6 prepared by Drunken Butcher
- Team of 8 tickets to face the Crystal Maze
- Helicopter ride for three people
- Verdure Floral Flowers for 12 Months
- Barn//it Pamper Day for one
- Two Manchester Arena tickets for Radiohead
- Two Manchester Arena tickets for Jack Whitehall
- Two Manchester Arena tickets for Pet Shop Boys
- Two Manchester Arena tickets for Brian Cox
- Cottonopolis Sushi Masterclass for 4 people
- Principal Manchester stay and The Refuge meal
- Gift of Confidence Photography Experience for one
See you on Friday for our unrivalled celebration of community! Read more about the Birthday Party here.