Corporate Partners, AT Engine Controls have kindly donated £100 to our Surviving Winter appeal.
Surviving Winter is an annual national campaign that helps older and vulnerable people, who may be facing fuel poverty in the colder months.
With the Surviving Winter donations, Forever Manchester support groups such as older people’s luncheon clubs or social groups which give people somewhere warm to go on a regular basis, where they can meet friends, be helped with any problems they have and enjoy themselves.
You too can donate to our Surviving Winter campaign in many ways. Either via the green button on our Surviving Winter page, joining our text campaign by texting SVWI14 plus your donation amount (i.e. SVWI14 £20) to 70070 or, like AT Engine Controls, you can donate via cheque.
Donations to the Surviving Winter campaign can be mapped out in the following ways:
- £5 would fund a homeless person to have a meal
- £10 would fund one older person to attend a Christmas party
- £20 would fund ten meals at an older people’s group
- £25 would fund an older or vulnerable person to go on an outing
- £500 would fund a party for a group helping older or vulnerable people
- £500 would equip a luncheon club for the foreseeable future
- £875 could fund six months’ rent for a community groups weekly get-together
Applications for the Surviving Winter funds are now open. To apply visit our Apply for Funding page.