Sport Relief Community Cash Funding Now Available
Sport Relief Community Cash grants of up to £1,000 are available to community groups and projects across Greater Manchester until Wednesday 17th February.
Sport Relief Community Cash is a grant scheme of £100,000 running across Greater Manchester with grants ranging from £500 to £1,000 available to small organisations that are undertaking work that helps people of all ages feel more included in their community, builds their skills and increases their sense of achievement.
The grants are available to constituted community organisations, registered charities, social enterprises, co-operatives and community interest companies. Groups which have been established for less than 12 months are eligible to apply.
Groups eligible to apply for Sport Relief Community Cash grants need to:
- Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area
- Be a small local group with an income of less than £100,000 run by local people
- Have limited access to other sources of income
- Clearly define the need you are addressing
- Clearly demonstrate the benefit of your activities to disadvantaged people
- Illustrate how you aim to deliver social outcomes
- Provide clear evidence that the services provided are inclusive to all
- Provide clear evidence that the activities provided will target people who would ordinarily struggle to access those opportunities
Examples of the type of activities we will fund:
- Counselling and advice services
- Disability sports clubs/activities
- Training, skill building and volunteering projects
- Community groups and set up costs for new groups
- Support groups
If this sounds like you, make sure you apply for a Sport Relief Community Cash grant now:
Closing date: Wednesday 17th February
Grants will not be awarded to the following:
- Statutory organisations
- Groups who are not constituted
Grants will not be awarded for the following purposes:
- To fund trips abroad
- To fund buses, mini buses or other community transport schemes (not including transport costs forming part of a project)
- To fund building costs, including access adaptations to buildings
The Sport Relief Community Cash grant scheme is being run in conjunction with Forever Manchester, Comic Relief and the Manchester Evening News.
If you have any questions before applying for this fund please contact our team on 0161 214 0940