Merry Christmas from Everyone at Forever Manchester
Christmas is here and we couldn’t let the year end without thanking all our supporters for the amazing energy and time they have given to us helping to raise money for Forever Manchester to support community activity across the Greater Manchester.
This year, thanks to the generosity of local businesses and individuals, we have raised an outstanding £1.5 million to fund and support over 1,000 community projects. We’ve helped sports groups, learning groups, knitting groups, groups that help older people, the disadvantaged or people with disabilities… but most of all we’ve helped local people to help themselves. These activities bring people together, addressing loneliness and isolation, allowing people to develop new skills, creating employment opportunities and so much more.
We’d like to thank everyone that has donated to Forever Manchester and taken part in our fundraising activities this year. We’re now looking forward to doing it all again in 2017.
We will have a full programme of fundraising events and activities already planned in including:
- Forever Manchester Birthday Party – 10th February. Click here for more information.
- Four Forever Manchester Women events throughout the year – the first taking place on 18th January. Click here for more information.
- The Mirror Ball – 3rd March. Click here for more information.
- Eight First Friday networking events throughout the year – the first taking place on 3rd March.
- 7-a-side Football Tournament – 31st March.
- Great Manchester 10k – 28th May.
- Forever Manchester Week – 2nd-11th June. Click here for more information.
- Summer Social – 4th August.
- Caketober – throughout October.
- Halloween Spooktacular and Lockdown – end of October.
In addition we recently launched our online shop This Charming Manc, selling loads of Manchester-related items. Check it out at www.ThisCharmingManc.com.
We’re also launching Captain Manchester’s Magical Tombola – a monthly prize draw with some brilliant prizes including a trip to Iceland to see the Northern Lights, tickets to watch Take That at Manchester Arena and a chance for a group of 10 people to visit Chill Factore. Tickets will be on sale from early January for the first draw on Friday 10th February.
From all at Forever Manchester, we’d like to wish you a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. Thank you for supporting us this year, your help is very much appreciated.
Our office will close on Friday 23rd December and re-open on Tuesday 3rd January.
Here’s a reminder of what we do and the types of community projects we help support: