Handelsbanken is a full-service bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence due to a nationwide network of over 200 branches and a long-term approach to customer relations.
Handelsbanken’s goal is to have higher profitability than the average of its competitors. The goal should be achieved by the bank having more satisfied customers and lower costs than its competitors.
- For the past 45 years Handelsbanken has had higher profitability than the average for its competitors.
- In Great Britain, Handelsbanken has been ranked top for customer satisfaction and loyalty for the last seven years.
- Handelsbanken is one of the most cost-effective listed full-service banks in Europe.
Handelsbanken’s corporate philosophy
- A strongly decentralised organisation – the branch is the bank
- The customer in focus – not individual products
- Profitability is always given higher priority than volumes
- A long-term perspective