Community Building Vacancy Closes 17th June
Forever Manchester is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Communities team.
If you can build good relationships with people, and you believe in the advantages of having a strong community, this role could suit you.
Working in the Harpurhey and Moston neighbourhoods in Manchester the main purpose of the role is to connect local people through their skills, passions and assets and support the creation of new connections and promote community activity.
As a Community Builder, your role will be to identify assets within neighbourhoods identifying positive ways to utilise these often unseen or overlooked resources for the benefit of local communities.
Job Title: Community Builder
Responsible to: Community Building Co-Ordinator and Head of Communities
Hours of work: 21 hours per week (1 year Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: £16,000 to £20,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Other terms: 25 days holiday (pro-rata) a year plus bank holidays and pension scheme
Closing date for applications: 4pm Wednesday 17th June 2015
- A minimum of 2 years Community Development or related experience
- Evidence of relationship building in a wide variety of settings
- An understanding of Greater Manchester’s voluntary sector, community needs and issues
- Evidence of interpersonal and listening skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds (both on the phone and in person)
- Evidence of being able to plan and manage own workload
- Works well with colleagues in a team environment
- Networking and negotiation skills
- Use of a wide range of communication skills, including oral, written and presentation
- Capable in the use of standard Microsoft Word applications: Word, Powerpoint and Excel
How to Apply
To request an application form please ring us on 0161 214 0940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org