Caketober is our way of giving our supporters a chance to eat loads of cake.
Last year, Caketober spread far and wide raising nearly £4,000 thanks to businesses, communities and groups of friends getting together and baking to raise money for Forever Manchester and this year we are hoping to double that.
Forever Manchester have once again teamed up with The E Word to bring you Caketober – a month full of excuses to eat and bake copious amounts of cake.
Throughout October, we ask for the people of Greater Manchester to bake and put on a fancy dress day at their workplace, group meeting or home and sell their cakes to help us raise money to support community groups across Greater Manchester.
So why not join in? Your good deed this month could be to eat and bake loads of cake for a whole month. What better way to raise money for charity?
1. Get your colleagues or mates together in October and choose a day to host your event (there can be more than one if you’re a cake fiend).
2. Sign up at caketober.com and then get going with the baking and dressing up.
3. You’ll see we’ve put together a few Manchester themed recipes on the Caketober website too that you could even give a go.
4. Once you’ve signed up, your company or group will be recognised on the Caketober website as a supporter and we’ll tweet you on the day to wish you luck.
5. Finally, once you’re out of your food coma let us know how much you’ve raised and we’ll put it towards helping communities across Greater Manchester.