Breakfast Clubs a Hit Across Greater Manchester
Forever Manchester’s ongoing relationship with Kellogg’s has ensured that five breakfast clubs will be taking place throughout the summer holidays across Greater Manchester.
The locations for the clubs, taking place Monday-Friday are:
- Moston, Manchester: FC United, Broadhurst Park 8.30-11.30am
- email@example.com 0161 769 2005 (Andy)
- All young people must be accompanied by an adult
- Harpurhey, Manchester: Manchester Communications Academy from 10am
- firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 202 0161 (Martin)
- Alt, Oldham: Alt Community House (above Alt Community Cafe) 9-11am
- email@example.com 0161 222 0140 (Steph)
- Parents preferred
- Stretford, Trafford: Victoria Park 9.30-11.30am
- firstname.lastname@example.org 07817931535 (Jennie)
- BGreen Estate, Oldham: Variety of locations – Monday-Wednesday Barker St Tenants Hall, Thursday Wallshaw St Tenants Hall, Friday Anchor St Tenants Hall all 9-11am
- email@example.com 0161 678 9662 (Steph)
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult
Each club offers a free nutritional breakfast as well as various activities for families. Most clubs operate a policy whereby children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. If not stated please contact the relevant person with the above means of contact.
Kellogg’s will be funding each of these groups over a 10 week period, which will include the October half term, Christmas and Easter. This is as part of their belief that every child deserves the most important meal of the day – breakfast.
Together with Kellogg’s Forever Manchester is delivering this programme to improve the wellbeing of families in the school holidays. Often children can find themselves bored or struggling with being out of their routine during the school holidays and these clubs give them somewhere to go each weekday morning.
The programme also gives children one free meal a day, which a lot of families rely on during term time when their child receives a free school meal. The aim is to bring families together enjoying breakfast and taking part in engaging activities.
Thanks goes to Kellogg’s who is funding the projects as well as the volunteers at each venue, who are working tirelessly each day for the greater good of their community; true community heroes!
Local residents are invited to attend all clubs for free other than the one taking place at Manchester Communications Academy, where a sign up is required due to the amount of interest.
If you do head down to one, let us know on Twitter using the Twitter handle @4EVERManchester.